Thursday, October 06, 2005

Pants On Fire

Our closest fire station is hosting a pancake breakfast on Saturday. I could care less about pancakes (I'm more of a waffle fan), but Geoff wants to go. I'd love to get some pictures of Elijah with a fire truck, so unless we get some snow this weekend, we'll walk down the road to check it out.

This week has been pretty good. Haven't done much, just trying to empty boxes, and I'm watching WAY too much tv. We got digital cable, we're seeing how we like it. There is too much stuff to get distracted by, I mean, I've got first season of Facts Of Life on demand. Dangerous! I am getting a kick out of seeing Don Adams on Match Game (courtesy of the Game Show Network). We got a real hoot out of watching Extreme Dodgeball the other night. The commentators were AWFUL. But the mascot looked funny, and I thought of Mike.

I've yet to hang any pictures, I'm still not sure where I want to begin. I have a number of table pictures, but no tables yet to put them on. The giraffe collection also has not found a home, as I promised Geoff he could reclaim the bookcase for books. Ideally, I'd like a shelf somewhere to display my giraffe stuff.

We set a date for the housewarming party, Saturday, November 12. Come on by!

Oh yeah, I saw Chewbacca on a street corner today. He was just waving at people.

I'm going to close now with a quote from So I Married An Axe Murderer.

Charlie Mackenzie: Dad, how can you hate "The Colonel"?
Stuart Mackenzie: Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes ya crave it fortnightly, smartass!

No comments: