Monday, April 05, 2004

Already?
Sunday (4/11) is Geoff's birthday. He'll be joining the 27 club. I think he's excited, I know I am anxious to see what he thinks of his gifts. I'm taking him out for breakfast on Saturday, and Sunday morning we'll go to church (duh! It's Easter!). He's requested I duplicate the yummy chocolate cake, so I'll have to tackle it again.

In a huge surprise, I was sort-of offered a summer job at the museum, working as Assistant Collections Manager. Rich, the current ACM is going to Peru for the summer, so I'd take over while he's away. It's very exciting that Jeff thought I was up for it. It came with some very kind words about my work these past months. So I go through the hoops for the INS, and hope they say yes, and more importantly that they say yes quickly. I doubt many of you who read this blog are aware of some trouble the INS got into a few years ago. Someone took it upon themselves to destroy applications people had sent in. Thankfully mine was not, I sent mine in months before the crazy person started wrecking havoc.

I finished reading L.A. Confidential. It was not like the movie. The movie wasn't as dark, and the movie would have been too long if they had put in the whole book. I don't read many crime novels (I can't think of any I've read), so it was a change from what I'm used to. But it was pretty good. I did wonder how it would end, who the guilty parties would be. Then Saturday night, we watched the movie. It was weird to see it this time around, as the characters are so different. If anyone else has read the book & seen the movie, I'd love to hear their thoughts.

That's about it. Geoff says he can't believe how quickly his conference is coming up. I've made plans to make plans with Fiona & Robin. Nothing else going on. All I have planned for this week is the get that stuff off to the INS.

Only fitting to close with a quote from L.A. Confidential.

Sid Hudgens: [voiceover] Come to Los Angeles! The sun shines bright, the beaches are wide and inviting, and the orange groves stretch as far as the eye can see. There are jobs aplenty, and land is cheap. Every working man can have his own house, and inside every house, a happy, all-American family. You can have all this, and who knows... you could even be discovered, become a movie star... or at least see one. Life is good in Los Angeles... it's paradise on Earth." Ha ha ha ha. That's what they tell you, anyway.

No comments: