Sunday, April 18, 2004

It's Not Vinyl
There's something in the fact that the first thing I do once Geoff leaves is drag out my cassettes and listen to them. Geoff is ashamed that I still own and listen to cassette tapes. I explained to him, that if he'd help me find this stuff on cd or convince the iTunes Music Store to carry these songs, I'd part with them. Right now I am listening to Boulevard, I love this album! I also listened to one of my favorite songs Don't Turn Away (Dolby's Cube). The closest I've come to finding Don't Turn Away is on 45, so that's right out. I don't know what I'm going to do once I wear these tapes out. Ideally they will be replaced, but it's unlikely. All this talk of music prompted Lisa to email me to tell me what she's listening to. Lisa, you should be ashamed! :) I won't repeat it, but I feel bad for her. ;) There is much better music out there than that.

Going back to Dolby's Cube, it was a handle Thomas Dolby used when he produced the Howard The Duck soundtrack. I am not embarrassed to say I like the movie. It was kinda funny, but mostly I loved the music. Yes, it had bad hair, a talking duck, Jeffrey Jones worst acting gig, but if you can overlook all of that... I don't know maybe you can't.

Speaking of comic books turned movies, we watched Daredevil last night. Geoff liked it better than Spider-man. I couldn't believe he said that. No way did I think it was better than Spider-man (and not just because I think Tobey is awesome). Daredevil kinda started slow, but it wasn't bad. I like Ben Affleck, despite what some people think, I think he can be a pretty good actor with the right material. I don't think I could say who's done better movies, Ben or Matt Damon. The both have their good roles and their bad roles. I think Matt is a little pickier in his choices.

I'm closing with a quote from Office Space. Doug & I saw it in the theatre when it came out. I miss seeing movies with Doug.

Bob Porter: Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
Peter Gibbons: Well, I wouldn't exactly say I've been *missing* it, Bob.

No comments: