Thursday, April 08, 2004

Really???
This was Geoff's response to the news that John Woo will be doing a Metroid movie. I don't think I've ever played Metroid before, but Geoff has glowing reviews of it.

I had a very strange dream last night. I dreamt I saw someone from my past in a coffee shop, and we sat and talked outside my mom's house. My mom says to me "why are you talking to that freak?" (my mom doesn't usually call people freaks, but it's my dream, so...) I sort of shrug. He somehow manages to win over my brother, which is amazing, since my brother never cared for him. I think if I pick one thing from the dream that sticks out, it's that in my dream I'm kinda mad at this person for not acknowledging my dad's death. Which is weird to me, because who cares? It's times like this I seriously wonder about my mental health.

I made reference to Paul Bellows (of Splendourbog) in a previous post. He has a few solo albums, and I've been listening to his music on his website, and I really dig it. I'll have to talk to the banker once we have free money so I can get the albums. I think he would be a good pair with Easily Amused. I miss Canadian music. Being able to see it. Here's what's a little weird. Great Big Sea is playing in the Denver area and tickets are $18 each. Five For Fighting tickets, $10. Wouldn't you think GBS would be cheaper?

I'm pretty bummed about the fact we're going to get snow this weekend. I was so ready to pack up my winter clothes.

Time to sign off. Toy Story quote coming up.

Woody: Look, we're all very impressed with Andy's new toy.
Buzz: Toy?
Woody: T-O-Y, toy.
Buzz: Excuse me, I think the word you're searching for is "space ranger".
Woody: The word I'm searching for, I can't say, because there's preschool toys present.

No comments: