Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Rotten Apples
Chris, I am sorry if I offended you. It's true of any group of people, that a few rotten apples can spoil the bunch. I know some very nice Liberals, and some very evil ones.

I stunned everybody at work yesterday by my declaration that I am a Republican. I don't know why they were surprised, but they were taken aback. Funnier still was the comment "but you can't vote". Amazingly enough I didn't get razzed that much. I get it much worse when the topic of creation comes up.

We watched A Mighty Wind last night. It was pretty good. It was fun to point out the actors who were also in Best In Show. It may be time to try to watch Waiting For Guffman. I'll check to see if the library has it.

I'll close with a quote from Beetlejuice.

Adam: What are your qualifications?
Betelgeuse: Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified?

No comments: