Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Missing Papa
I felt like I should blog today. I don't quite know what to say, so I will post a letter I wrote to Colin & Dawn.

Hey. So, it was a year ago today, when everything
changed. I can remember the day so clearly, every
step, every phone call, every emotion I felt. There
are times when I forget he's gone, and I think I
should call him. Then the moment passes, and it feels
like he's been gone forever. I wonder if I'll forget
the sound of his voice, the way he laughed, his smile.

What I love about Dad is how he never judged us. He
accepted the decisions we made, and supported us any
way he could. He may not have always said how he
felt, but it was in his actions.

I hope we will always be able to share with each other
stories about Dad, to keep his memory alive. There is
so much of Dad in you Colin, I know you hear that a
lot, but you have all of his good traits. His
generosity, his sense of humor, his compassion for
other people, and the ability to bring out "The Claw"
when needed. :)

I love you guys, and I'm thinking of you today.

No comments: