Thursday, October 28, 2004

Stumpin'
Definition: To travel over, delivering speeches for electioneering purposes; as, to stump a State, or a district.
Well, I had wanted to post a picture from Brain Candy, the scene where Don Roritor gets off the elevator and lifts up his pant cuffs to reveal the color of his socks. I've had Marv's voice in my head all morning, "Red Socks, Red Socks". Yeah, we watched some of the game, the end mostly. Then this morning while I was flipping through the channels, I stopped on Good Morning America, which I rarely do since I think ABC is way biased, and heard Curt Schilling say, "Get out and vote. And vote for Bush!" I cheered, and clapped. How refreshing to turn on the television and see someone not stumping for Kerry. :) Holy crap, you can't go anywhere and not see some celebrity telling you to vote for Kerry. Here's the thing I love the most, there are already people complaining online about the comment. But it's fine to have the world shoving their pro-Kerry messages down my throat every second of the day. These are the people who will scream about how I'm intolerant. Yeah okay.

I am preparing myself for what will go down next week, and in the following weeks, months, and years. Regardless of who wins the election, all this trash won't go away. If Bush wins, it will be another 4 years of whining, complaining, and campaigns to impeach him. If Kerry wins, it will be 4 years of Bush bashing, rehashing everything he did and said. And where could you go to get away from it? Nowhere. Not Canada or Britain, they'll be doing it there too.

Okay, enough of that. I don't want it to consume the rest of my day.

I had my first real shift at Harry & David. Oh man, if you've ever been there, you know how tasty everything looks. Well, I have to sample stuff so I can give my opinion on it to customers. I'm serious. I have to be careful not to gorge myself on tasty treats all day. But it was fun. I like the people I get to work with. And I'm going to love using my discount to do Christmas shopping. I am probably going to need better shoes, but that can wait for a few paychecks.

Last weekend, we watched The Whole 10 Yards, and Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed. TWTY wasn't as good as the first one, but it was entertaining enough. The same could be said SD2. But I kept my expectations low, so I wasn't too disappointed. In the last 2 weeks, I also plowed through the whole series of My So-Called Life (there was only one season). The side effect of that was for 3 days straight, I was talking like characters. But it was fun to watch it again. It made me reflect a little of what my life was like when I was 15. Scary! Perhaps it wouldn't be so frightening if my memory wasn't so good. But I turned out alright.

Alright, I'm going to close with a quote from Kids In The Hall.

Cory: If I can't keep Mr. Stevenson, I'm gonna hold my breath until I turn gay.

No comments: