Friday, October 08, 2004



Success!
Lisa's package came through! Ha Ha! Stick it to the man!

This is what all the fuss was about. Lisa claimed it as gift on her customs form. Which is was, a gift. There was also a bag of hickory sticks, some magazines and a maternity top. :) Is she cool or what?

My around the house days are numbered. I'm getting a job, but it'll probably only be seasonal. Let's hope they will be willing to work around my Vegas & Victoria trips. It's just a job at the mall, but the 2 places I have interviews are places I'd fully use a staff discount. I'll keep you posted.

Colin is doing great. He went back to work, he's in a different department that doesn't involve as much labor, and he likes the hours better.

Well, there is laundry to be done before the Armstrongs arrive. Clean sheets is just one of those things I feel I should provide.

I suppose I ought to close with a quote from Office Space.

Peter Gibbons : You see Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
Bob Porter : Don't? Don't care?
Peter Gibbons : It's a problem of motivation, alright? Now if I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime, so where's the motivation? And here's another thing, I have eight different bosses right now.
Bob Porter : Eight?
Peter Gibbons : Eight Bob. So that means when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled, that and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired.

No comments: