Saturday, October 23, 2004

Monkey & Turkey
Still no return of Monkey. I feel really bad for the neighbors. I don't know if I could hold out hope that long.

We got an invite from The Jones' to join them again for Thanksgiving dinner. Yummy! Free turkey is always welcome.

10 more days. In 10 days, Chad will know about Vegas, we hope we'll know the sex of the baby, and the stupid election will be done. I'm just so tired of it all (the election). I could rant and rave forever about what bugs me, but I just don't want to go that into it. I will say one thing, if Ralph Nader wants to be on the ballot, and other people want him to be on the ballot, let him be on ballot. What's the big deal? Seriously!

Ha Ha, no more Mayor Bill Smith. Thank the Lord! I was never a Bill Smith fan, so I'm glad to see he's been replaced. Having not lived in Alberta for 5 years, I don't really have an opinion on the Alberta election (which is right around the due date), but when I was there, I didn't think Ralph Klein was so bad. But as I said, I haven't been around the last 5 years. Sigh, I miss being able to vote.

So, Fedex and I finally resolved our problem, and it went in my favor (like there was a doubt). I'm still boycotting them, I won't ever use their services. I think we'll aim to send off our Christmas gifts at the beginning of December, through the post office. Once I get a few paychecks under my belt, I can start shopping. But I at least have an idea what I'm getting some people.

Rich is looking for a new girlfriend. Why is this news? I don't know. It was funny, it's been an eternity since I had someone ask me to fix them up. Sadly, I know no single women in Denver. But he's a nice guy. I do enjoy having him working on Mondays. Someone close to my age.

I'm still listening to Christmas music, still wearing the Christmas socks. It's not like I'm listening to whole Christmas albums, just the occasional song. :) I'm really sad that I won't be able to wear any of my Christmas shirts. Maybe I'll try to pick up a new one in December. Old Navy is always good for putting out seasonal/holiday shirts.

I've been having strange dreams. No big surprise, my dreams are always weird. In my dream last night, I saw someone from high school, Dean, who, in my dream, joined the band The Polyphonic Spree. Except in my dream the band was an amalgamation of The Polyphonic Spree & ApologetiX. So I woke up singing Light & Day. The weird thing about Dean is I remember very little about him. He drove a Nova that always needed gas, he dated Evette, and he threw up after a party.

Well, I'm gonna close with a quote from Three To Tango.

[When Peter clicks his pen, it's supposed to signal to Oscar that he's rambling]
Oscar Novak : Hey, you have a Buddha! Oh, I love Buddhas.
[Peter clicks his pen]
Oscar Novak : They're like bright, cheery, naked Asian Santas.
[Sound of clicking pen.]
Oscar Novak : You know, I had a buddy in college whose name was Bob and we used to call him "Buddha Bob" because he as kind of fat and he liked to walk around naked.
[More pen clicking.]
Oscar Novak : We used to rub his belly for luck.
[Frantic pen clicking. He gets the hint.]
Oscar Novak : Anyway... I love Buddha.
[awkward pause]
Oscar Novak : He rocks.

No comments: