Monday, February 28, 2005

Because You Need A Laugh
I took a quiz last week, and Geoff laughed so hard at the result, that I figured it was worth posting for all the world to know.





Your Famous Blogger Twin is Wil Wheaton





You're a friendly, funny guy (or girl) next door
With more than a touch of geekiness




I'm so disenchanted to learn that Wil Wheaton is my blog twin. I've read his blog. (moments of awkward silence) I don't know what else to say about that.

We watched the Oscars last night. I always like to print out the ballots they have on Oscars.com. We fill them out and see who gets the most right. I usually try to guess who I think will win, not who I want to win. I may make an exception in some categories, because I secretly hope it will go that way. I ended up with a total score of 12, beating Geoff's 10. He won last year. I honestly thought they were going to give the 2 big awards to Scorsese and The Aviator. Geoff picked Eastwood and Million Dollar Baby. We saw none of the movies nominated for any big category, so we were kinda just picking for fun. Chris Rock did okay. I thought it was pretty blatant that they were reaching for younger viewers by their choices for presenters. And Chris Rock had some good jokes, but I could have been spared the 2 and half minutes of him getting all political. Could have been worse, we could have had Michael Moore there. :) Fashion wise, best dressed was Salma Heyak. She was stunning. Renee Zellweger just looked awful! And I don't know why Mike Myers was going for the Zach Braff look. Only Zack can pull that off.

Caught a story on the news last night about Ward Churchill. Shock! The ACLU is backing him! Didn't see that coming a mile away. Geoff thinks that this may come to bite the ACLU in the end. I guess the deal is they think no teacher should ever be investigated for their words or actions. Now Geoff said that means, if they win, couldn't science teachers start teaching Creation? Oh wouldn't the ACLU LOVE that! :) Seriously, everyone needs to be held accountable for their words and actions, even tenured professors.

We didn't make it out to Golden this weekend. We opted for a relaxing weekend around the house. Did Peet's on Saturday (as usual), and I sampled their latest tea, Snow Leopard. this is my first taste of a white tea. I generally stick to only black teas (don't care for the green teas). Geoff says white tea is the latest craze, which I hadn't heard. But it was pretty good. I may get it next time I go, instead I had a Mocha Freddo. Wanted the chocolate! But the guy we spoke to said he thinks it's excellent as an iced tea. Me, I like my iced tea to be of the sugary variety, not real tea.

Tomorrow night is the championship game on Celebrity Poker Showdown. I was pretty good at picking who would win the games to get to the finals (Dave & Phil got nothing on me!), so now I'm not sure who to root for. But I'm betting on it being a great game.

I'm gonna close with a quote from Strange Brew.

[Bob and Doug are on stand, in the courtroom]
Bob McKenzie: I do.
Doug McKenzie: I do.
Bob McKenzie: I guess we're married Clark.
Doug McKenzie: Oh.
Bob McKenzie: Where's the honeymoon?
The Judge: Order, Order.
Bob McKenzie: Gimmie a toasted back bacon, hold the toast
Doug McKenzie: Don't make me laugh, eh.
The Judge: I remind you not to speak, until you are spoken to.
Bob McKenzie: He's startin' to sound like the old man, soon he'll be sending me out for beers.

No comments: