Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Nothing New
There really isn't much going on here. Just waiting for the baby to come.

Two weeks ago, I got the urge to watch The Stand. So I dug out the videotapes and watched it. It's a good movie, and I realized that in this day and age, tracking is not something anyone should have to deal with. Eventually I think we'll be purged of all our old VHS tapes. There are so few we still watch, so I think maybe I'll keep those until we buy them on DVD, and just donate the rest to Goodwill.

Speaking of "in this day and age", I also need to be freed from my cassette tapes. Yes, I still have cassettes, and I listen to them. Geoff is so embarrassed by that fact, being the gadget geek he is. He bought a device to transfer the tapes into mp3s, I just have to get off my duff and do it. In all fairness to me, I have been slowly purging myself of these tapes for years. I was waiting on trying to find them on CD, or waiting for iTunes to make them available. Just last week I noticed iTunes added Digital Underground to their library. :) But it's harder to find Canadian artists on the U.S. iTunes store (like Barney Bentall, or Age Of Electric).

Last week, I was complaining about the weather, then Thursday it was gorgeous. Today I have to go to the doctor, the library, and the grocery store, and we're supposed to get rain and snow. I'm hoping it will hold off until I'm done my errands.

It's really going to happen...we're going to get a visit from one of our California friends. Well, not so much friend as family. Cindy is going to come visit in April, and she's bringing Abbie, Alec, and Alyssa. She's coming out this way to visit family in Colorado Springs, but we'll be hosting them for a night. I'm very excited.

So I guess we had a pretty good long weekend. We did chores, we had company over Saturday night, I got to nap, and Geoff finished reading his book. We also did some work on the baby's room and Geoff made homemade vegetable soup. Mostly it was a laid back kind of weekend. This Sunday, depending on how we feel we may go up to Golden to celebrate Buffalo Bill's birthday. They have cake, games and lookalikes. I think it might be fun, or maybe we'll go next year with Elijah. If next year is our last year in Colorado, I want to get as much out of the state as possible. Actually, the festival I want to check out, I can't talk anyone else into. Frozen Dead Guy Days. I mean come on, it's a guy who's frozen in a Tuff Shed that they plan events around. Who doesn't want to check that out?! This year it would be foolish to try to go to the festival, it's the weekend the baby is due. But I've got a year to try to talk someone into it for 2006. :)

Well, I better get started on my day, so I'll close with a quote from The Tick.

Tick: Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.

No comments: