Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Breezy

Things have been so laid back here in Calgary, it's nice. We had a great time in Banff, despite the intermittent rain. We first headed to Bow Falls, which I had never seen before. We got some great pictures (still have to wait to see pics until I get home), and then we headed to Melissa's for lunch. It had been over 25 years since the Armstrongs had been, and probably close to 20 since I had been. The food was yummy, and the restaurant was just as I remembered it. Following lunch, we walked around and window shopped.

Tuesday we drove downtown, and window shopped some more in the rain. I would have bought something had I found something I liked. We had lunch at Sunterra, and then headed home. That night we drove in the rain over to Meghan & Mike's new pile o' bricks. It's a cute apartment, lots of space. We ordered in Moxies and just let them bond with Elijah. We treated ourselves to dessert at Marble Slab. Geoff and I shared a Willy Wonka (double dark chocolate, chocolate chips, and hot fudge). Mmmmmm.

Today was very low key, just walked up to the shopping plaza near Glen & Diane's, fought off the mosquitos, and hit Safeway, Rona, Chapters, Crowchild Liquor, and then Timothy's. We're having steak for dinner, and a big bbq tomorrow night for Glen's lab. I'm treating myself to a pedicure tomorrow afternoon, it's been over a year since I had one, and my feet are all callousy.

I was reading Paul Bellows blog and he mentioned his albums were now available on iTunes. I figured it was only going to be on the Canadian version, but it's on the Yankee version too! I'm super stoked, and I think I'll be buying one of the albums on Saturday. Cause I'll be settled back in my routine by then. If you haven't heard any of his music, I would strongly recommend it.

Well dinner is nearly ready, so I'll sign off with a quote from Pirates Of The Caribbean.

Jack Sparrow: No. Not good. Stop. Not good. What are you doing? You've burned all the food, the shade, the RUM.
Elizabeth: Yes, the rum is gone.
Jack Sparrow: Why is the rum gone?
Elizabeth: One, because it is a vile drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels. Two, that signal is over a thousand feet high. The entire royal navy is out looking for me; do you really think that there is EVEN the slightest chance that they won't see it?
Jack Sparrow: But why is the rum gone?

No comments: