Thursday, June 09, 2005

Just Gets Weirder

I'd like to say life has gotten back to normal but it has not. I may post the latest on my neighbors in a day or so, I just need to process some stuff.

Onto nicer topics, we went out to dinner last at the Macaroni Grill. Elijah did alright, slept through half the meal, but then we had to take turns with him outside. I think it was the lighting in there that he didn't like. Because once outside where it was light, he was happy. Anyway, I wanted to post because I tried something I've been wanting to try for a while. I had Prosciutto Bruschetta (Toasted bread topped with mozzarella cheese, prosciutto and our brown butter and sage.) Yes, it was as tasty as it sounds. Always watching Mario cook with prosciutto, I wanted to try it. A word of caution, if you order it from MG, it's a fairly big dish. I paired it with a caesar salad. Geoff had Chicken Cannelloni (Hand rolled pasta stuffed with roasted chicken, cheese, spinach and baked in an Asiago cream sauce. Topped with red sauce.)

Well, not much has been done this week. I went to the museum picnic yesterday, and it wasn't all that. Mary was late, so I skipped on the trip to the zoo, and we sat under a tree eating lunch. Her girls were happy to see Elijah, and he was happy just to sit in the shade. Geoff has to work this weekend, so I may be taking a trip to Peet's by myself on Saturday.

Alright, I'm going to sign off and close with a quote from Grosse Pointe Blank.

Marty: They all have husbands and wives and children and houses and dogs, and, you know, they've all made themselves a part of something and they can talk about what they do. What am I gonna say? "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How've you been?"

No comments: