Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Wish I Was There

I've been exchanging emails with Athena a lot in the last few days. One of the things we were talking about was traveling, and it has renewed the hunger in me to go back to Scotland. I miss it, I miss the freedom of having my days wide open to do what I please. I miss exploring a new town. Athena wants badly to return to Greece, understandably.

If I'm away from Edmonton too long, I miss it and want to go back to visit. But then as the trip looms closer, or once I'm there, I wonder why I wanted to go. I love my family, but these trips always bring stress. Mind you the Scotland trip had it's own stress. I guess I'd rather just have family meet us somewhere. I doubt seriously that would ever happen, and I don't think that would solve all the problems.

I have to remind myself that I only visit Alberta like once a year, so this may be the only chance some people get to see Elijah in person. But if we hadn't had Elijah we wouldn't be taking this trip. So I guess I should just suck up whatever bothers me.

Wow, this is pretty negative. I didn't really expect it to be so down.

Nothing else is going on here. Geoff is nearly ready for his trip. We need to get the letter notarized, but then that's it for us I think.

Father's Day is Sunday, and Geoff is happy he gets the best of both worlds, the morning with us, the evening with his Dad. We'll be playing hooky from church and treating him to breakfast at The Original Pancake House. I wonder if Geoff will order the Dutch Baby, it looks like this:


This will be the 2nd Father's Day without my Dad. It's a lonely feeling to not have your Dad, as Lisa and Kelly can attest to. i know it's really hard on Colin. I'm very much looking forward to seeing him.

I guess I'll sign off. Since I don't have to wait around today for Fed-ex, I'm going to go for a walk. I'll close with a quote from Family Guy.

Brian Griffin: Peter, only one gift was for charity. The rest were for the family.
Peter Griffin: No, the rest were FROM the family... weren't they? Aw crap, since when did they change the meaning of "for" to "from"?
Brian Griffin: I think they had a meeting about it last night.
Peter Griffin: Why wasn't I told?
Brian Griffin: They sent you a card, but it said 'For Peter' on it, so you must have thought it was FROM you, so you didn't uh... You know, it's just easier to call you stupid.

No comments: