Saturday, January 21, 2006

'Cause Apparently It's Important

I thought I'd blog, though I don't feel like I have much to say. But with Diane & Glen in Mexico, they are using my blog to keep up to date on what's going on.

Plan for the weekend is to clean house today, because tomorrow we have couples group here. I hope to make a coffee cake today for snack tomorrow. I've never made a coffee cake before, so I'm scouring my Joy Of Cooking book for a good recipe. I actually look through my JOC book often, I also browse recipes online at foodtv.com. I did make a tasty ginger bread once, but ginger just seems so seasonal. Well we'll see how the day goes. I also bought some grapes for tomorrow too. And we'll put on a pot of Peet's coffee, which always goes over well.

I was talking with Myrna at Mom To Mom this week, and she offered to watch Elijah for a few hours if Geoff and I want to go on a date. I am keen on taking her up on the offer, I'd like to get out and see even one movie that I know will be Oscar nominated. So I have something to root for. If Geoff isn't keen on a movie, Myrna said she'd love to go out to the movies. I toyed with the idea of throwing an Oscar party, I haven't in a few years, not since California, and it was a Lord Of The Rings theme ('member Cate?). I probably won't, since that is the weekend of Elijah's birthday (his is on the Monday), and we'll likely throw a small gathering.

Back to Myrna, there was one movie we agreed we both wanted to see, and then she surprised me by saying she wanted to see Brokeback Mountain (which I don't want to see). I'd been meaning to post that I think GLAAD is being ridiculous for lashing out at a movie critic for his interpretation of Brokeback Mountain. He described one of the characters as a "predator", and GLAAD was up in arms saying he didn't understand gay relationships. I find it extremely annoying when people tell others their interpretation of a movie, poem or book is "wrong". It's someone's opinion! Their life experience taught them to see things as they do. One critic doesn't like the movie, and they jump all over him? Seems silly to me. You have all the other critics and award shows shouting your praises, give it rest people!

That's just my opinion, feel free to harp on it. :)

Well, I should get on cleaning while the boy is sleeping. I'm going to close with a quote from The Wedding Singer.

Mr. Simms: Do you have any experience?
Robbie: No, sir, I have no experience but I'm a big fan of money. I like it, I use it, I have a little. I keep it in a jar on top of my refrigerator. I'd like to put more in that jar. That's where you come in.

No comments: