Sunday, January 15, 2006

My Birthday Gift

For my birthday, I decided months ago that I would fly to California and surprise my friends. Since practically no one out here (save a few Kroliks) had met Elijah, and Geoff was going to be away for so long, I made plans to fly out to the coast after my birthday. Only the Kroliks, people married to Kroliks, Greg & Kaisara knew. It was hard not to tell anyone, or blog about it.

We flew out Thursday morning, and once I got off the plane in L.A., rented my car and drove down to Irvine, it was close to 2pm. We've been having a great time. I really missed the people here, I really missed the weather. What is keeping me grounded in reality is that there is no way we could have the house we have in CO here in CA for the price we paid.

Surprising people sure has been fun! Last night I had dinner with Greg & Jen, Cate & Kaisara. The looks on their faces, matched with the smugness of hubbies proud to have kept a secret was funny. Elijah has turned on the charm for everyone here. Enough to get people to move to Colorado? Maybe not, but a few trips have been planned for visits to see us.

This morning we'll go to the old church. Tomorrow we'll fly home and reunite with Honey cat. I will try to post pictures Monday night. Then Geoff is home on Thursday. Yay!

That's it. I'm thrilled to say that Denver beat the two-time Superbowl champs New England (boo Pats!). Let's hope Shanahan & Plummer can take us all the way. Go Broncos! Fox isn't airing any new House episodes until February. So I'll close with a quote from that.

Dr. Wilson: You really don't need to know everything about everybody.
Dr. Gregory House: I don't *need* to watch The O.C., but it makes me happy.

No comments: