Thursday, January 05, 2006

Saying Goodbye

Imagine my shock and sadness as Elijah and I walk into Harry & David yesterday to see a huge red "Store Closing Sale" sign. Kevin was the only one there, so I said,
"you're closing?!"
He just smiled a disappointed smile, and said "yeah."
"what? I think I could just cry."
"yeah, we've all done that. They told us after the Christmas party last week"

When I asked him if people were going to transfer to other stores, he got that smile on his face and said,
"no. they said they have all the staff they need from their temporary Christmas staff."

So the fact that Kevin is an asst. manager means nothing, he'll be unemployed by months end. Nicole too. She showed up a little later, and got in her Elijah time. They have a special bond, since she's seen him at least once a month since birth. :) I told her I'd go wherever she works and visit.

So yeah, Mom, Diane, no more H&D at Cherry Creek. We can still get H&D products, there is a store right near us, but no Kevin or Nicole.

On a much lighter note...

The day we brought cookies to Myrna's house, we hung out with the family (4 kids + husband) for 40 minutes. The rest of the evening, Myrna's two-year old Emma kept asking her, "Where's Lijah?" We're going over next Tuesday for a play date and brunch. :) Yay!

I think we'll celebrate my birthday this weekend (it's on the 11th by the way). I think we'll go to Outback, since I love it, and haven't been in a while. I'd like to make Pat's yummy angel food cake, with the caramel whipped cream frosting and crushed heath bar.

Well, I'll be signing off. I'll close with a quote from Anchorman, for Mike. Watch it again, I swear it's funny.

Ron Burgundy: Last time I looked in the dictionary, my name's Ron Burgundy. What's your name?
Brian Fantana: Brian Fantana.
Champ Kind: Champ Kind.
Brick Tamland: Brian Fantana.
Brian Fantana: No, you're Brick.
Brick Tamland: Brian.
Brian Fantana: I'm Brian.
Brick Tamland: Veronica.

No comments: