Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Blah Blah Blah

Thought I'd do a real post.

Had a lovely Easter weekend. Geoff made turkey Saturday night. Sunday we went to church and Pastor Jim gave a super sermon. The music was so-so, I cried when we sang The Wondrous Cross, because I couldn't help but think that Jesus died for all sin. He paid the penalty for my sin, and the sins of the world. And I cry for those I love who either walked away from God, or have never opened their heart to him. All I can do is pray for them.

I can hardly believe April is nearly gone. Geoff is gone next week, and two days after he gets back, we have the Cherry Creek Sneak. Then the following weekend he's gone to a men's retreat. Then it will be Mother's Day. I feel like I'm losing all my weekends! :) It'll be okay, busy weekends can be good.

I have been having problems sleeping through the night. I wake up at midnight, and my mind is racing, and I can't fall back asleep. I don't even know why, it's not even keeping me up with important stuff, just trivial crap. Last week I was up at 5:30am one morning, I couldn't sleep, I felt sick to my stomach and annoyed at the same time. I had to type Geoff an email to get my thoughts out, since he was sleeping. I didn't really get to resolve that issue, but we were able to talk about it, sort of. It was eerily like an episode of Friends.

"did you read my email?"
"yes."
(long pause)
"So...what did you think?"
"I agree."
(long pause)
"That's it?"

I guess it's true, there wasn't much more to say, but I was glad he felt the way I did. But I hate not resolving things, I hate leaving them out there.

In tv land, I have 2 episodes of Scrubs on tape I still haven't watched. Frankly, I enjoy watching House more. If I had a DVR, it would be different, but since the episodes are on VHS (ugh), I have to go up and watch it on the small tv, and rewind the tape (double ugh). I'm such a snob eh? I'm still watching Top Chef (on Bravo). I think in the end I hope Lee Anne wins. I just can't wait for Stephen to "pack up his knives and go". It's a shame I know no one else watching it, so I have to discuss it with you guys, and you don't know what I'm talking about. :)

I'm gonna close with a quote from Best In Show.

Sherri Ann Cabot: We have so much in common, we both love soup and snow peas, we love the outdoors, and talking and not talking. We could not talk or talk forever and still find things to not talk about.

No comments: