Monday, January 05, 2004


Greetings!
It is great to be back in Denver & to my life. I enjoy visiting with family, but I enjoy much more having my privacy, my life, my kitty cat sleeping by my side. I was glad to go back to work at the museum, and today I got to set up a cart for the volunteers in preparation for Machu Picchu. That exhibit opens in February, and our volunteers need to be trained. I also catalogued an item for the exhibit. A neat thing happened when I logged into the computer at work, it wished me a happy birthday. :) My birthday isn't until next week, so I think I can expect it again on my next work day. Then the security guard asked me when my birthday was. I may think about bringing in a treat for the others in my dept. next week. Perhaps cupcakes. We'll see what ingredients we have around.

I got a scrapbook from Debbie as an early birthday present, so I may finally tackle my boxes o' photos. I'm just not sure whether to do it in chronological order, or by theme. I'm open to suggestions.

I think I will brave the cold and go see the building down the road from us that burned to the ground. It is really stinking cold out there. It may the coldest it's been. It certainly feels that way. I'll bring my camera to try to capture anything that may be left. Please pray for those families affected by that fire. I better head off while there is still light out.

Last night we watched Miss Congeniality, so I'll close with the quote I always walk around repeating.

Stan Fields: What is the one most important thing our society needs?
Gracie Hart: That would be... harsher punishment for parole violators, Stan.
[Crowd is silent.]
Gracie Hart: And world peace!
[Crowd cheers ecstatically.]

No comments: