Tuesday, January 27, 2004


This is me and Kelly in our much younger days. Kelly is on the left, I'm on the right. Pretty cute huh? Ha ha.

Well, there was talk months ago about the Armstrongs revisiting Disneyworld in 2005. There has since been a new development. We may scratch Florida, and try something a little different, like Panama. My first thought was the Drew Carey episode when Mimi is torturing Drew by playing Panama by Van Halen over, and over, and over, and over. (Back when I used to watch Drew Carey. I stopped a few seasons ago.) My second thought was of Ryan Pauley (former KUCI co-host) who got to briefly visit Panama when his boat to Hawaii fell apart. He was rescued by freighters and brought to Panama, then eventually flew home to California.

So I know nothing about Panama. I couldn't even tell you where it is. But after getting the link from Diane about the resort, I'm totally sold. It'll be scary in the sense of "what will I eat?", but I'm sure it will be an experience. So hopefully everyone else will be on board, then we'll start saving our pennies.

Not too much else is new. Museum job is good. I went to check out how the Machu Picchu dig site is coming along. It looks great. I will try to take some pictures tomorrow if I get the chance.

Alright, Oscar nominations came out this morning. And no, I didn't get up early to watch them. Please. I adore sleeping so much more. :) Hugely disappointed that Sean Astin didn't get the nomination, but I wasn't all that surprised. But it did hold some surprises. I was surprised they gave Johnny Depp Best Actor. You know I loved him in Pirates, and I'm thrilled, but he won't win. Bill Murray's win at the GG indicates he's got a good shot. And I do think he'll win over Sean Penn. I will likely see Lost In Translation once it comes out on DVD. I love Bill Murray. He should have been recognized in Rushmore. I won't go into much detail about this or that, cause if you wanted to have that discussion, you could email me. Before I change subjects, I will say I know Rod must be upset The Last Samurai didn't garner a Best Cinematography, but neither did LOTR. Also, I knew Tom Cruise wouldn't get nominated, but couldn't believe they didn't nominate their perennial favorite Nicole Kidman. Why Renee Zellweger got a nomination I don't know. I've heard she wasn't all that great in Cold Mountain. I'll stop now. :)

Colin has 3 weeks left of rehab, (not that, he fell off a ladder at work) and hopefully he'll be able to get a new job soon. I do wish I could see him more often, but I doubt we'll ever live in the same town again. Sorry Mom. But the UofA just isn't an environment that Geoff wants to work in. But we will consider Canada when that time comes. Though I'm really keen on going back to California, who knows how I'll feel in 3 years. But if Kelly ends up in California...

In honor of Bill Murray's Oscar nom, I'll quote Groundhog Day. I love that movie. :)

Phil: Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today.

No comments: