Thursday, January 15, 2004

So the last few weeks we've been watching Bravo's Celebrity Poker Showdown. This week was the 2 hour finale, and it was pretty exciting. I was rooting for Paul Rudd, but he got knocked out. The game he played to get into the finals, I was convinced he had a horseshoe hidden somewhere, because the boy was getting awesome hands dealt to him. But this week he started making some bad plays and got knocked out. It was a great go out though, everyone thought he had the best hand, and 2 specific cards had to come up for the other player to win. And then they did! It was something! Man, I want to play poker. To quote Dana (from Sports Night) "Shoe Money Tonight!"

I saw something on one of those "news channels", and it got me all fired up. Shock! There is a company whom I won't mention, they don't need the publicity, but they are holding a contest to see who can make the best commercial to sway voters to no vote George Bush in the next election. One of the commercials was a comparison between the President and Hitler. The commercial they showed portions of was how the President doesn't care about anyone but himself, that he's a liar, and he cheats on his wife. The "winner" will be chosen by 3 celebrities, one being my favorite person in the world. I'll withhold his name, but I've never been quiet about how I feel about him. Here's my beef: they are rewarding someone for making up crap about someone else. Yes, I like President Bush. He's not perfect, he doesn't claim to be. He has the hardest, most thankless job in the world, and somehow it's okay anyone & everyone to berate him publicly. I've always felt that as much as I'd love to be a movie star, I would hate not being able to say how I felt about other famous people. All the criticism you would get. If you have a legitimate beef with someone, stick to that. Stop making up crap about other people. My "favorite" person in the world, my beef with him is he's a liar, and I don't get why he's so revered for his work. Now as a Christian, I hate him as much as a Christian can. :) I do pray for him, because he has so much anger & hate.

Christians, we're not perfect. Only Christ is perfect. And I struggle with sin, just as non-Christians do. And yeah, some Christians are hypocrites. But that can be said of anyone who believes in something. We're all imperfect human beings.

Wow, that went places I wasn't expecting. Okay then.

I'm getting excited about the road trip to California in May. I know, I should take it one trip at a time. But I just saw people in Edmonton, I haven't seen my west coast friends in a while. The Kroliks may come to visit here in June-July. Let's keep our fingers crossed. :)

I'll close with a quote from Sports Night. I LOVE this show. Everyone should see it. Rent or buy the DVD. (That's a call to action. Hee Hee, KUCI joke.)

[reflecting upon the wording used on a formal invitation]
Casey McCall: 'October the Eighth, Nineteen Hundred and Ninety Eight, A.D.' A.D.(!) They're worried I might accidentally show up 2,000 years before the birth of Christ!

No comments: