Friday, January 30, 2004

Weekend Plans
Our church is doing a fast tonight/tomorrow to prepare for the 40 Days of Purpose. We will be partaking, and I was leery, but we were given instructions on how to fast safely. It will be only for 24 hours, and we will end the fast tomorrow night with a trip to Chick-Fil-A. Erik has been going on about Chick-Fil-A forever, so we'll finally go. It's on the way home from church, and since it's closed on Sundays, this is a great opportunity.

It's almost February, and that means our anniversary is coming up. We will go out to dinner (Bull & Bush), and exchange cards, but I think that will be the extent of it. Money is tight with only one income, and really, we have plenty of stuff, we don't need more. But I will get flowers as that is tradition. :) Colin & Dawn's anniversary is also in February (we make it easy on family). It just worked out that way. Maybe the four of us will celebrate with a McCain's deep & delicious cake in March. Mmmm.

So, I was given a more thorough update on what Chris has been up to (I like thorough) and he's back in Edmonton. Hey, there have been many days I would've loved to trade the U.S. for Canadian living. Now I'm anxious to try to see him for coffee. Geoff says I have to stop reacquainting with old friends because we hardly have enough time to see everyone. :) We've never taken a trip where there wasn't family. Someday. I like visiting Edmonton, seeing the old haunts, hanging with old friends. Geoff says he can do without, which is why I usually visit solo. I don't know when I'll get to do that, especially with me not having money, or if a baby comes along. I think my family should pool their money for a "bring Melissa to Edmonton" trip. Ha ha!

Well, not much else to say. We'll be watching the Superbowl this weekend despite the Broncos screwing up and not making it in. I think I'll be rooting for the Patriots, and for funny commercials. I also got some movies from the library to watch, America's Sweethearts (I love John Cusack), and Memento. I saw it in the theatres twice. I'll close with a quote from that.

Leonard Shelby: I take it I've told you about my condition.
Teddy: Only every time I see ya.

No comments: