Tuesday, May 24, 2005

100 Things

I followed some blog links from someone I know, and found this idea. It's to write 100 things about yourself. I've been working on it for a few days, typed it out in Word, and now I'm ready to post it. If anyone reads all the way through this, I'd be surprised. Happy, but surprised.

100 Things

1. My middle name was supposed to be Jane, but Kelly was born first, so I got June. (or so I’m told)
2. I like liverwurst, but would never eat liver.
3. I gave up on the idea of going to college when I was in the 10th grade.
4. Though I was only in Glasgow for like 4 days, I miss waking up and looking at the Clyde through our hotel window.
5. I’d never eaten salad until I was in 6th grade.
6. I wore braces for 2 years.
7. I used to be able to do hurdles, now they kind of scare me.
8. I think my best feature is my smile.
9. Giving birth was the most painful thing I’ve endured physically.
10. I played handbells in elementary school.
11. I’m 5’5” but I secretly think I’m 5’6”.
12. I took jazz dance for 4 years, and ballet for 2.
13. My favorite school subject was Drama.
14. My least favorite subject was Math.
15. I transferred high schools after 10th grade because my attendance was so poor.
16. I collect giraffe stuff.
17. I once tattled on my brother when we both shoplifted candy from Safeway.
18. My favorite shoes are my Tevas.
19. I prefer Coke over Pepsi because my dad worked for Coke.
20. I have small fingers, my wedding ring is a size 4.5.

21. The first movie I remember seeing in a theatre was The Smurfs And The Magic Flute.
22. The first movie I saw without my parents was Big.
23. I had dogs growing up, a poodle (Sammy), and a husky (Smoky).
24. My parents split up summer I finished 6th grade.
25. My dad, my brother and I used to watch wrestling together all the time.
26. I saw The Tragically Hip play at the House Of Blues on Sunset Blvd.
27. I was camping with my grandparents when I heard that Wayne Gretzky had been traded.
28. I am a pretty good 5 pin bowler.
29. I used to have a radio show.
30. I was 20 the first time I was ever on an airplane.
31. The first CD I owned was Paul McCartney’s Tripping The Live Fantastic.
32. I was a cheerleader in Junior High School.
33. My movie guilty pleasure…Center Stage.
34. I sang in a band called Screaming Gyspy Mud Puppies.
35. I love the color my eyes turn when I cry.
36. I knew I wanted to date Geoff when I heard him play his violin.
37. My brother and I always have to karate chop each other’s necks when we see each other.
38. I cried after seeing The Blair Witch Project.
39. I had my tonsils taken out in the 11th grade. My mom stayed in the hospital with me.
40. I have stretch marks on my belly from being pregnant.

41. I once had 3 jobs at the same time.
42. I spent half a day in San Francisco by myself.
43. The only beer I ever tasted was Red Dog (yuck!).
44. I watch way too much tv.
45. The worst vacation I ever had was to Carson City, Nevada.
46. I love the way my cat smells.
47. Restaurants that serve french fries and gravy rank high for me. J
48. My favorite arcade game is Elevator Action.
49. I wanted to name a child Dade from my favorite movie, but Geoff says no way!
50. People always tell me how much my mom and I look alike.
51. I plan to get Lasik surgery when I turn 40.
52. I love going for walks with Geoff.
53. I have a cookie jar of a friar that says “Thou Shall Not Get Fat”. It belonged to my parents.
54. I organized a group of friends to perform Monty Python’s Lumberjack Song for the school talent show.
55. I sleep with a yellow baby blanket I’ve had forever.
56. I met my future sister in law for the first time at my wedding.
57. I have never smoked a cigarette or done drugs.
58. I love getting a pedicure, but could care less about a manicure.
59. I was baptized in the Pacific Ocean.
60. I love seeing Geoff and Elijah spend time together.

61. I miss driving down the PCH to Laguna Beach.
62. I auditioned for jazz choir in high school but didn’t get in.
63. Geoff and I had our first fight as a married couple on our honeymoon.
64. I want to become an American citizen someday.
65. I have 2 scars and they are both on the same arm. One from cutting my hand with a butcher’s knife as a child. The other from going through a window as a teenager.
66. I have never broken a bone.
67. I went to a shooting range once and learned I’m a pretty good shot.
68. My favorite ice cream flavor is World Class Chocolate at Baskin Robbins.
69. I have been bitten by a Doberman Pincher.
70. I lost a shoe during a race.
71. I won over $1000 at bingo.
72. I enjoy playing cards, especially Bridge.
73. I am thankful I got to talk to my dad about God before he died.
74. I didn’t learn to drive until I was 24.
75. My first job was working the popcorn stand at the Coliseum.
76. The most beautiful place I’ve ever been was at Young Life camp in the Princess Louisa Inlet, British Columbia.
77. Butterflies scare me.
78. I think my husband is hilarious.
79. My friend Doug and I snuck into a Rolling Stones concert.
80. I competed in a “Survivor” game for the O.C. Register. A frozen chalupa was my downfall.

81. I love to see my son’s smile.
82. I have been a bridesmaid 3 times, an emcee twice, and a flowergirl once.
83. Geoff and I had our marriage blessed for our 5th anniversary.
84. I am a big fan of black teas.
85. I went to a taping of Friends.
86. I am an honorary Krolik (a super nice family that adopted Geoff & I).
87. If I could play any instrument, it would be the bodhran (Celtic drum).
88. I make an excellent pasta sauce.
89. My mom and dad walked me down the aisle at my wedding.
90. I won the “class clown” paper plate award at my 9th grade grad.
91. I used to get mistaken for a girl named Cynthia at Harry Ainlay. After we met and became friends, we told people we were twins. The only thing we had in common was dark hair and glasses.
92. Once I got a Mac, I realized how much PC’s suck.
93. I have a competitive spirit.
94. I love to look at other people’s photos.
95. When we had to do a report on composers, I chose Englebert Humperdink from the list because I thought his name was funny.
96. I love a good rock ballad.
97. When I look back on some of the stuff I “believed in”, I’m embarrassed.
98. I sang a verse of When I’m With You by Sheriff to Geoff on our wedding day.
99. The best money I ever spent was paying for my brother, sister-in-law and nephew to come to California.
100. I found it’s hard to think of 100 things about yourself.

No comments: