Friday, May 20, 2005

Hot And Not

It's really hot here, we've hit the 90's (that's 30's for you Celsius readers). God bless air conditioning.

And unlike everyone I know, we won't be going out to see the new Star Wars movie. I'm not really a fan, or rather I'm not fanatical like half the planet. No reason, I just don't care.

I want to address something that has been bugging me for a while. This isn't aimed at one person, but several people. Geoff is fine. He isn't to skinny, he does not have any problems physically. He eats well, and he enjoys exercising. He is healthy, and happy with the way he looks. So please stop suggesting he's too thin. As his wife, I would never allow him to get unhealthy, or allow him to jeopardize his health. His weight is just right for his height.

I'm sorry to those who might find that offensive, but as a protective wife, it's my right to express how I feel. I'd rather address this now before we go see family and friends, so that maybe I won't have to hear about it. And maybe I shouldn't apologize for offending people. Sometimes I feel like I'm always apologizing for expressing my thoughts. To the point now where I censor myself daily.

I had a frustrating day yesterday, so once dinner was done, I asked Geoff to take Elijah for a walk so I could have some alone time. I read my bible, and wrote in the journal that Kelly bought me in Thailand. The boys came home with a dozen pink roses for me. It was so very sweet, and completely unexpected. I've been smelling them all day. It was just as nice as the time I got alone to myself.

Well, parenthood calls. No plans for this weekend, except maybe checking out the farmer's market at Cherry Creek Mall.

I'll close with my favorite quote from The Emperor's New Groove.

Pacha: Uh-oh.
Kuzco: Don't tell me. We're about to go over a huge waterfall.
Pacha: Yep.
Kuzco: Sharp rocks at the bottom?
Pacha: Most likely.
Kuzco: Bring it on.

No comments: