Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Integrity

I'm getting really tired of the rush to publish "news" that people can't wait to verify if it's even true. I've come to expect that all stories have a retraction written at the same time as the story. People are so riled up by the story, they don't even hear that there is a retraction and apology.

I think I may need to keep a notebook on my person at all times, because I said something witty on Sunday and wanted to post it. Now I can't recall it, and wonder if it was even very witty. :)

The Queen was walking around my old stomping grounds yesterday (the legislative grounds). I would have loved to have seen that. How many people can say they've seen royalty in person? Perhaps if I'm ever near her stomping grounds, we'll hook up for tea.

Well, I don't have much else to say. So I'll close with a quote from The Addams Family.

Girl Scout: Is this made from real lemons?
Wednesday: Yes.
Girl Scout: I only like all-natural foods and beverages, organically grown, with no preservatives. Are you sure they're real lemons?
Pugsley: Yes.
Girl Scout: I'll tell you what. I'll buy a cup if you buy a box of my delicious Girl Scout cookies. Do we have a deal?
Wednesday: Are they made from real Girl Scouts?

No comments: