Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A Little Privacy Please

Inspired by the upcoming visit of my mom & Grandma, I tackled one of my projects. There is a small window in the guest bathroom, and I wanted to find a way to shield it from the outside. Someone would need a ladder to look through it, but I found it really bothered me having that window exposed. Months ago I used one of our home depot gift cards and bought a printed film to put on the window. The project was really easy, and I'm thrilled with the finished effect. Because it's just a simple film adhering with soapy water, it will be easy to remove if needed. Here are the before & after pictures:




As mentioned before, I'm excited about the upcoming visits we have in the next few months. That seeing us is a priority to some people means a lot to me. I wish I could do the same for others. I would like to make it a goal to get out to Ontario in the next 2 years. Money is really the only issue keeping me from getting out there this year.

I've been corresponding with Mike, my former classmate, and it's just fun to reconnect with someone from elementary school. The fact that he still talks to people from the old neighborhood is a little weird. I guess some people are just good at staying in touch with their roots.

House was awesome last night, and now I have to wait two weeks for a new episode. I hate that!

No big plans this week, same old, same old. Andrew & Athena's baby is scheduled for arrival at some point tomorrow. Gonna call today and find out when they are scheduled for the c-section. They are going to be great parents, I'm so happy for them. I look forward to being a "auntie".

I'm going to close with a quote from Bruce Almighty.

Bruce: There were so many. I just gave them all what they want.
God: Yeah. But since when does anyone have a clue about what they want?

No comments: