Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Movies

We bought Wallace & Gromit: Curse Of The Were-Rabbit a few weeks ago and finally made time to watch it on Saturday. What a cracking movie! It was laugh out loud funny, and easily one of the better movies I've seen in a while. But it's hard to not love an Aardman flick. I enjoyed the preview of their next movie, Flushed Away, coming out this fall.

Sunday night we watched Family Guy Presents: Stewie Griffin - The Untold Story. We borrowed it from Chad & Khara. It's entertaining, but I expected more. It did have its funny moments though. I think Family Guy is better suited for the small screen.

Today I'm hoping to get to Blockbuster and rent an Oscar-nominated movie. I have seen 2 movies nominated now (March Of The Penguins, and Wallace & Gromit).

Not much else going on. Honey goes to the dentist on Thursday, and we may be going swimming this weekend for Elijah's birthday. We'll have to see how our schedules work out. In my perfect ideal world, Geoff is able to take Monday off and we can celebrate then. The pool would be less crowded. Not gonna happen, Mondays are busy for Geoff. A half day maybe?

Three weeks until my visitors! If the weather is as nice as it is today (70's), I think we'll take the grandmas (mine & Elijah's) to Garden Of The Gods. We'll see.

I'm baking a lemon cake right now, so I better go get the glaze ready. I'll close with a quote from the Family Guy movie (mentioned above).

Al Harrington: Hi, I'm Al Harrington, President and CEO of Al Harrington's Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man Emporium and Warehouse! Thanks to a shipping error I am now overstocked on wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube men, and I am passing the savings on to *you*! Attract customers to your business, make a splash at your next presentation, keep grandma company, protect your crops, confuse your neighbours! African American? Hail a cab, testify in church or just raise the roof! Whatever your wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man needs, come on down to Al Harrington's Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man Emporium and Warehouse, route two in Weekapaug!

No comments: