Saturday, February 04, 2006

LOL

We had so much fun with Chad & Khara last night, we were all laughing so much. Dinner was tasty, we played cards and shared stories, and capped off the evening by introducing them to the hilarious world of Robot Chicken. We kicked them out at 11:30pm. Chad didn't even mind that Elijah threw up on him.

Tonight Geoff is playing poker with the guys, and I had been invited to go out to Chilis with the girls. We made plans to get a babysitter for the kids, but I think I'll bring Elijah with me, as his cough might make the other parents nervous about him being alone with their girls. I don't know how contagious he is, he's had the cough for a few days, and he still has a bit of a runny nose.

No big plans for today other than that. I am pretty much done emptying all the receipt boxes into the filing cabinet. Yay! I may sway Geoff into a trip to Home Depot to look at brackets. He has a sword and we want to hang it on the wall, so I'd like to see what options are available to us.

I'm feeling better still today. My throat feels fine, I'm just a little congested. FYI, I didn't take anything for it, except one day I took 2 Sudafed. I am a big proponent of letting my body fight things on it's own. But if it ever gets serious, I do go see a doctor. I just don't want my body becoming immune to drugs, so I limit my use of them. I want that for Elijah as well, but I'm more protective of him, and watch for signs that he needs medical attention. The big thing is a change in temperament. Yes he's got a cold, but he's still acting like himself. If he were lethargic, I'd be getting him in stat.

Before I sign off, just wanted to tell Athena, I am praying for you. Please don't get stressed, and push to get what you need. :)

I'm closing with a quote from Mr. Holland's opus.

Glenn Holland: Which instrument do you think you'd like to play?
Louis Russ: Well, I was kinda thinkin' like... How about electric guitar?
Glenn Holland: Well, this is a marching band. The extension cord will kill us.

No comments: