Thursday, February 12, 2004

Keep It Comin' Love
(Sorry, I have KC & The Sunshine Band's Keep It Comin' Love stuck in my head)
On Sunday, Geoffrey and I will celebrate 7 years of wedded bliss. :) It seems like a lifetime ago, and in some ways it was. We were young, and much different than we are now. We've grown up a lot, but we can look back on our wedding and smile. We met in high school, and had a typical high school relationship. But once school ended, we decided to get serious about each other & treat each other with respect. The following February we got engaged, to no one's surprise. We set the date for a year later, to save our pennies. My maid of honour was my best friend Lisa, and Geoff's sister Meghan was my bridesmaid (both of whom looked great). Geoff's best man was Barry (Rick), and Doug served as a groomsmen. It was a small wedding, by the standard of other weddings I've attended. It was a lot of fun, but I wouldn't go through that again. Weddings are high stress, and a lot of work. Once is plenty. I could spend all day recounting the day for you, but I won't. But I will include the lyrics to one of the songs we danced to.

beautiful, you're beautiful, as beautiful as the sun
wonderful, you're wonderful, as wonderful as they come
and i can't help but feel attached
to the feelings i can't even match
with my face pressed up to the glass, wanting you
beautiful, you're beautiful, as beautiful as the sky
wonderful, it's wonderful, to know that you're just like I
and i'm sure you know me well, as i'm sure you don't
but you just can't tell
who'll you love and who you won't
and i love you, as you love me
so let the clouds roll by your face
we'll let the world spin on to another place
we'll climb the tallest tree above it all
to look down on you and me and them
and i'm sure you know me well, as i'm sure you don't
but you just can't tell, who you'll love and who you won't
don't let your life wrap up around you
don't forget to call, whenever
i'll be here just waiting for you
i'll be under your stars forever
neither here nor there just right beside you
i'll be under the stairs forever
neither here nor there just right beside you


The funny thing about weddings is everyone wants to go to them. I don't really get that. Is it the (relatively) free food? Or is it seeing two in love tie the knot? I have only been to two weddings where I wasn't required to participate. Since Doug & Kirsty's wedding, I've been inclined to think that's the way to go, as a spectator. But in my heart of hearts, there are certain people if they asked me to participate, I wouldn't hesitate to say yes. On the other hand, there are weddings I would not like to be in. It would be odd if they asked me, but I should be prepared for that to happen. I have been asked to be a bridesmaid for Meghan's wedding next month. And I was hesitant at first, but it has grown on me. It's not about me, but about Meg wanting me to share in her day. This will be my third bridesmaid dress, and I will try to post pictures from the wedding on my website when we get back. Frankly, I clean up nicely. It's like a photo capture of what I could like like if I put that much effort into myself. Click here to see pictures of me as a bridesmaid.

It snowed all day yesterday, and I can't recall when it's been that cold before. Thank goodness it wasn't anything like the -52 Edmonton had a little while ago. Or so I'm told. But I secured Geoff & I tickets to Coral Reef the new IMAX movie that opens in March. We'll get to see it next Wednesday. Haven't been to an IMAX movie since Everest. Today the sun is out, but I think I'll stay in and read & watch DVDs. Yes, I lead a rough life.

Well, I'll close with two quotes from Sleepless In Seattle. In honor of St. Valentines Day.

Jonah Baldwin: Talk to her, dad. She's a doctor.
Sam Baldwin: Of what? Her first name could be Doctor.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Jay: Well, this is fate! She's divorced, we don't want to redo the cabinets, and you need a wife. What do they call it when everything intersects?
Sam Baldwin: The Bermuda Triangle.

No comments: