Friday, February 27, 2004

Video Killed Nobody
I had a great lunch date today with Shannon (and her cutie-pie daughter Kaylynn). I was thinking today about my Top Five Favorite Music Videos.
1. Everlong (Foo Fighters) - It's really funny to me.
2. Weapon Of Choice (Fatboy Slim) - Christopher Walken dancing? Come on, that's awesome.
3. Don't Come Around Here No More (Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers) - Alice In Wonderland theme, Tom as the Mad Hatter.
4. Sabatoge (Beastie Boys) - I love everything about this video.
5. (tie) Just & High And Dry (Radiohead) - I am referring to the High And Dry video with the "tasty time-bomb fries". There are two versions of the video.

Honorable mentions go out to
Barenaked Ladies' Enid & Too Little Too Late,
The Odds' Heterosexual Man & Make You Mad,
Daft Punk's Around The World, and
The Darkness' I Believe In A Thing Called Love.
You can see I'm a fan of Spike Jonze & Michael Gondry. I know I listed Barenaked Ladies in the honorable mention section, and frankly I love most of their videos. Two Christmas' ago my dad bought me Barelaked Nadies, which is a collection of their videos. It's hilarious, and you should watch the commentaries along with the videos. Very enjoyable. But back to my point, there are a lot of great videos, how do you narrow it down?

No big plans for the weekend. We may go to Peet's to pick up some more tea, and of course regular weekend chores. We found a kitty-sitter for our trip, and I made the packing list. We may go see Passion tomorrow, or we may go on Wednesday with some friends from church. We'll see.

I made peanut butter cookies yesterday for Geoff. They were really good. I may have the hang of this baking thing. :)

I'll end with a quote from Armageddon. I liked the movie, I thought it was good. It was the first DVD we bought once we bought the player. It was a dual pack, Armageddon & The Rock.

Oscar: The thing that really gets me is people who think that Jethro Tull is just a person in a band.
Dr. Banks: Who's Jethro Tull?

No comments: