Thursday, May 13, 2004

Cajole Me
It's still raining. I can't complain, we need the moisture, and I have nowhere to go. I did walk to my libraries, put down the umbrella and enjoyed the kind of rain where there is no wind. My favorite.

I had the impulse to call my dad yesterday, or this morning. I don't remember. It was a fleeting thought. For those who have lost someone, do you get caught up in playing the "this is what they would have wanted" game? I try my damnedest not to play. And I try even harder not to get mad at those who do. Most of the time, they are playing for selfish reasons. To justify the way they behave. But I hope there are times when you can say it and it would be true. Whether it is cutting ties, or spending money, or moving on, there has to be times when it is indeed what they would have wanted. My wounds are still fresh, so I guess I'm sensitive. I just really miss my dad.

On a lighter note, I had a thought cross my mind while I was out walking. My iPod played Coax Me (sloan), and I recalled the first time I heard Sloan was on Street Cents. Okay here's the thought that crossed my mind. And you are going to laugh, because I'm sharing a very embarrassing secret...I had a crush on Jonathan Torrens. Y'know, as in Jonovision? I'm blushing from embarrassment right now. But it made me smile, and laugh to myself. Obviously my taste has improved ten fold since then, no offense to Jono. :)

I'm going to close with a quote from The Mexican.
Samantha: I have to ask you a question. It's a good one so think about it. If two people love each other, but they just can't seem to get it together, when do you get to that point of enough is enough?
Jerry: Never.

No comments: