Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Rainy Days
It's raining again. Work today was a hoot. It was just me, Rich, Tracey & Jen. We took a leisurely coffee break, since there was so little work to do. Rich was surprised to learn that I was up for his job. He confided his biggest fear is he'll be replaced. I assured him, I was only looking for a summer job.

I had to rush out of work today. I called the doctor's office, and they said they could fit me in, if I was there by 11:20. If I was ten minutes late, they couldn't guarantee I'd get in. I look at my watch, it's 11:00am. So I race out of the building, and I go there at exactly 11:20! I felt pretty good about the new doctor. Actually I saw a resident, and I really liked her. I kept thinking about Scrubs (because J.D, Elliot, and Turk are residents). I get to have an ultrasound. I haven't had one since I was 15. This is what I remember, I drank a lot of water, I thought I was going to die. They let me get rid of some because I had actually drank too much. And the jelly was warm, and the device was cold. So I have to wait to hear from them about when I can get in for my ultrasound.

I did not sleep well last night. And I deliberately didn't nap so as to sleep better. Today again I skipped napping, maybe I'll do better.

I watched Malibu's Most Wanted yesterday. It was pretty funny, I like Jamie Kennedy. I wouldn't pay to see it, but it was a free rent from the library. If they showed it on tv, it would be alright to watch on a rainy afternoon. Today's rainy afternoon, I watched Runaway Jury. I'm very fond of John Cusack. It was good. I don't think I'd read the book. I don't mind John Grisham, I know Dawn really likes him. I've read some of his stuff, I've seen a few of his book inspired movies. This was a good one.

I guess I'll close out with a quote from Malibu's Most Wanted.

Brad Gluckman: I got sumtin' to say, and I need the world to hear it. I'm a lyricologist. I can rap about anything. Shrink, shrink. Blinkity-blink. Tried to make me think. Wanna go to my sink. And vomit. Clean it up wit' Comet. Earth is my plah-net. See? I'm the shiznit.

No comments: