Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Learning Collection
At the start of the day yesterday, while Jeff was frustrated at the job that some people had done last week, I reminded him of his catch phrase he always tells us, "It's a learning collection". Ha ha, little did I know what the morning would hold. First off, something I was supposed to take care of last week, I had forgotten, causing grief to people who thought it was lost. Then not even ten minutes later, I was on the ladder and sent 2 drums falling to the ground, at least 10 feet, nearly hitting Jeff. His first words once the clatter had stopped, were "Are you okay?". I was, but my ego wasn't. One drum was a tall wooden one, the other a beautiful metal one, now with a hole in the skin. To prevent this from happening again, we moved all the drums off the tallest shelf and found them better homes. We replaced them with baskets, which I also dropped off the ladder. :) I may have inherited my dad's nickname, Butterfingers. (Once long ago, when we lived in Burnewood, we had the whole family over, and my dad & his brothers were tossing a football around in our backyard. And I remember them teasing him, calling him Butterfingers.)

We're having a museum group picnic tomorrow in the park beside the museum, then we're all going to the zoo. It should be fun, and Geoff is going to try to join us.

I watched Heathers yesterday, and I still laugh at that movie. I couldn't resist getting it out of the library. I also got the Ethan Hawke version of Hamlet, which I haven't seen. Actually, I've never seen any version of Hamlet, but I did read it in junior high.

We saw the trailer for The Village, the new M. Night Shyamalan movie. It looks so good. Geoff summed it up well, "I'm scared and it's just the trailer". It scared me a little too. I always get scared watching Signs, but once it's over, I feel better.

I'm closing with a quote from The Talented Mr. Ripley.

Tom Ripley: Well, whatever you do, however terrible, however hurtful, it all makes sense, doesn't it, in your head. You never meet anybody that thinks they're a bad person.

No comments: