Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Having Such A Time
I am having such a time here. That means I'm having fun. It's such a break from my regular routine, which is neat. Church on Sunday was everything I had hoped. We surprised everyone! I hugged more people in that day than I have in months. Sunday night we had dinner with Jen & Greg, and after dinner Jen and I played Crib. Greg was in a bad car accident on Saturday, but he's fine. He's better than fine, he had the Hand of God on him, and he walked away from a totaled car with minimal damage to his person. We're very thankful.

Yesterday I saw Rachelle and we talked for hours. It was so much fun to be with her. Then I was off to Cindy's to hang out with Abbie. I took Alexis to get a dress for the wedding, and today Amy, Alexis and I will get shoes and a dress for Amy. I've also got a lunch date with Kevin (KUCI).

Last night I had dinner with the gang from KOWCP. Donna, Michelle, Cindy, Sharon, Ildiko and I went to the Elephant Bar. I love these ladies! My throat is sore from all the talking I did, repeating everything to everyone I meet.

Marci invited us to the Bible Study potluck on Wednesday night, and we're going to go. It'll be great to see & spend time with that group. After 7 years, Marci has completed the Old Testament. Next year they'll work on the New Testament. I've decided to make a commitment to tackle Marci's lessons. I made that agreement before we moved to Colorado, but with all my free time, what excuse do I have?

I'm not sleeping so well, or rather I'm not waking up well. I can sleep great, but I'm waking up way to early (for me). I miss my Honey cat.

Well, gotta fill up the last of my few hours with dinner plans, so I'm going to sign off. I'm closing with a quote from The Birdcage.

Albert Goldman: Whatever I am, he made me! I was adorable once, young and full of hope. And now look at me! I'm this short, fat, insecure, middle-aged THING!
Armand: I made you short?

No comments: