Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Viva Las Vegas!

I can't say my fella doesn't take me anyplace. He booked a room in Vegas for our trip back from California (no not at the Bellagio. Like we could afford that!) We're getting excited about this trip. We sure are packing it in. My friend Erik went to Vegas with his folks, and I asked him to make a bet for me. He forgot, until he was walking past a roulette table and heard them call out the number I asked him to bet on. I was born under a lucky sign, my birthdate is a full house. I will have to let my brother-in-law know that the hotel we're staying at has a restaurant called Terrible Mike's. :)

Jeff pretty much said the summer job is mine. Even with me going to Scotland, he says we can work around that. Now we just have to wait to hear back from the INS, which isn't called that anymore. They call themselves USCIS, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.

I know way to many people going through physical ailments. From Jesse who has an enlarged spleen and lymph nodes, to Russ with Osteoporosis, to Marty at work who has been diagnosed with Lymphoma. Crazy!

I'm closing with a quote from Ocean's 11.

Rusty: Why do this?
Danny: Why not do it?
[Rusty shakes his head]
Danny: Cause yesterday I walked out of the joint after losing four years of my life and you're cold-decking teen beat cover boys.
[pause]
Danny: Cause the house always wins. Play long enough, you never change the stakes. The house takes you. Unless, when that perfect hand comes along, you bet big, then you take the house.
Rusty: Been practicing this speech, haven't you?
Danny: Little bit. Did I rush it? Felt I rushed it.
Rusty: No, it was good, I liked it. The Teen Beat thing was harsh.

No comments: