Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Alberta Bound
I don't actually know the lyrics of the song, I always just add the Simon & Garfunkel line "I wish I was" after it. I played the song on my radio show once, defying the fact that I shouldn't actually play Gordon Lightfoot. I kinda miss my radio show, more than that though I miss my friends & former co-hosts. Kevin wants me to do an alumni show in May, and I may just do that.

Yep, tomorrow we'll be Alberta Bound. I doubt I'll sleep much tonight. I hate traveling away from Honey, but it's too much grief to bring her. And cats like their routines, she's better off here with Brad.

I finished Those Who Trespass by Bill O'Reilly. It was pretty good. I have hopes of someday meeting Mr. O'Reilly, and I finally know someone who knows someone who works for the same station as him. How's that for connections? It occurs to me that my Canuck friends may not be familiar with Bill O'Reilly. He's a newsguy here (the U.S.), he hosts The Factor (radio), and The O'Reilly Factor (tv). His website is here . He gets a lot of flack from certain people, but I really enjoy his show. Yeah, we don't see eye to eye on everything, but I respect the guy.

Over the weekend we watched a classic Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode, Pod People. It was just as funny as we remembered it. We're still giggling at some of the running gags "Shane? Shane??? Fox? John Boy? McCloud!" "HUZZAH!" I think everyone should see at least one episode of MST3K. I can recommend a few of our favorites, Space Mutiny, Manos: Hands Of Fate, Quest For The Lost City (A.K.A.- The Final Sacrifice) (filmed in Alberta), or Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. The MST3K movie is a must. That was what got us started.

I don't know if I'll be able to blog while I'm in Edmonton. I'll try. I don't have much free time there, trying to fit everything in.

Hee Hee! I just got a present from UPS. Red Dwarf Seasons 3 & 4! courtesy of my sweetie husband. Awww, I'll have to wait until we get back to get into it. Well, maybe one or two episodes to break up the packing. I guess it would be fitting to end with a quote from season three's The Last Day.

Lister: I don't mean to say anything out of place here, Kryten, but that is completely whacko Jacko. There is no such thing as 'Silicon Heaven'.
Kryten: Then where do all the calculators go?
Lister: They don't go anywhere. They just die.
Kryten: Surely you believe that God is in all things? Aren't you a pantheist?
Lister: Yeah, but I just don't think it applies to kitchen utensils. I'm not a FRYING pantheist. Machines do not have souls. Computers and calculators do not have an afterlife. You don't get hairdryers with tiny little wings, sitting on clouds and playing harps.
Kryten: But of course you do. For is it not written in the Electronic Bible, "The Iron shall lie down with the Lamp".

No comments: