Monday, March 01, 2004

And The Oscar Goes To...


I can't believe LOTR won all 11 awards it was nominated for. Aside from that, my favorite moment was seeing Michael Moore get trampled by a Oliphant. :)

Okay, I've had some time to process The Passion Of The Christ. Thank you Mel Gibson for such a wonderful film. It was beautiful, and wonderful, and amazing. To see all that Christ endured for me, the immense suffering, so I wouldn't have to, so I could spend eternity with Him, is something else. To have images to the words in the Gospels. I loved it. There were tears, and there was laughter, and just a quietness in me to think of all I saw. It's a lot to take in, and that's why I think you should be at least 16 to see it. I think it takes a certain maturity level to deal with watching Christ be flogged, and crucified.

No big plans for this week. Found out that there was some money that was supposed to come in for the Egypt exhibit that fell through. So sadly we won't be doing a dig site for the exhibit. :( But I'm sure it will still be cool. I think it will be a good motivator for me to learn more about Egyptian history. I'm going to try to make an effort to go to some lectures, or maybe even train to be a guide for the exhibit.

I'll end with my favorite quote from The Usual Suspects.
Cop: I can put you in Queens on the night of the hijacking.
Hockney: Really? I live in Queens, did you put that together yourself, Einstein?

No comments: