Sunday, March 28, 2004

Spring Is Here
Spring is here, spring is here,
life is skittles and life is beer,
I think the loveliest time of the year
is the spring, I do, don't you? 'course you do.

The weather was great this week, turned a little cooler yesterday, and today it snowed! It was like a mini blizzard by noon. I was so glad I started laundry early. And by 3:30, the sun was out, and there was no trace of it ever being awful. What kind of wacky spring is this?

I am becoming a kitchen fiend. I made dinner the other night, with some help from Geoff. But I came up with the menu on my own. And I made peanut butter cookies last night. They are awfully tasty. :) I may be able to fend for myself while Geoff goes to Monterey. Though I will be lonely. Poor Honey, she'll be stuck listening to me ramble on. I already have one plan for dinner while he's gone. The Museum hosts a volunteer appreciation dinner every year, and it falls the week he's gone. Now I just have to hope they serve something I eat.

I've been reading the book Jesus Freaks, and I feel like the Holy Spirit is convicting me. The book is about martyrs, people who spoke up about Jesus, and died because of it. It has a great quote from C.S. Lewis in it, that I read in his book A Grief Observed, "You never know how much you really believe anything until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter of life and death to you". When we first became Christians, and we told our families and friends, I always got the impression they thought "oh how cute" or "oh that's nice". Like they didn't get it's not hobby, it's a lifestyle, it's a relationship with God. And He calls us to tell the world about Him. It's the Great Commission. But sometimes I'm not so bold in speaking up. I get nervous of how I'll be received, and perceived. I struggle with the fact that I am not perfect, and I wonder how I can do God's work. God loves me, He knows I'm imperfect, and He always works through the imperfect. I want my life to reflect God's love to my loved ones, friends, and strangers.

So what did I do this weekend? Not a whole heck of a lot. We did the walk to Cherry Creek North, I got a great deal on a dress for Ashley's wedding, we did chores, and we just chilled out. Very laid back. We'll be going to the Bull & Bush with Brad (Geoff's boss) and his family this week. That will be fun. I love his wife and daughter. And even though money is way tight in the Armstrong household (living off one income month to month), I may try to talk Geoff into seeing a matinee. The Whole Ten Yards opens the weekend of his birthday. ;) What do you think Geoff?

I haven't been getting a lot of email lately, so please feel free to drop me a line. That would be nice. Mail is fun to get. You know what else is fun? Seeing who has visited my blog, and via what (i.e.- what they Googled). I find it odd at times. But then I Google a lot of weird things too. A wonderful invention Google.

Alright, I'm done saying what I wanted to say. I'm closing with a quote from Mystery Men.

Mr. Furious: Don't mess with the volcano my man, 'cause I will go Pompeii on your... butt.

No comments: