Friday, March 26, 2004

'Cause your crystal ball ain't so crystal clear
I have a wide range of thoughts that enter my mind when I'm trying to get to sleep. Sometimes it's a song stuck in my head. Last night, I had Beastie Boys in my head. The other night, it was I Believe In A Thing Called Love. I find that listening to classical music soothes me to sleep, so I put that on.

So...Penelope & Tom broke up. Thank goodness! Now, they are always quick to mention Tom's love of Scientology, and how that isn't to blame. But, let the record show, Nicole wasn't into that, and didn't want it for her kids (smart girl). And Penelope said it wasn't for her either, but she humored him by going to some of the classes. What do I have against Scientology? Well, it's bunk.

The Devil: How would you like to make one simple decision that will change your life forever?
Elliot Richards: Ok, I'm glad scientology works for you but...


My boss Jeff is an atheist. He likes to take shots at Christianity to see how I respond. Me, I'm biding my time for when we can have a talk and I can ask him some questions. Stuff like, what happens when you die? Where do you go? Where did morals come from? I'm curious what he'll say. I always believed in God, but I didn't go any further than that. Jesus, the Bible, Heaven & Hell, I never thought about it. I guess I shouldn't have been so surprised Colin was the same. Colin, Dawn, Geoff & I talked about God, Jesus, and the afterlife during our visit. It was a good talk, and I hope the lines of communication are still open, as I think they still have questions. I have a friend named Tennille who did that for me. Just let me ask the hard questions. When I was going through my "there has to be more to this life" phase. And it was a long phase. I explored a few different possibilities, mostly cults, before coming to Christianity. And now it's hard to talk to those people who are still in those places. Just as I feel like I treat them differently, they treat me differently. Some get defensive, and don't want to talk about it. So I just pray for them. :)

Okay. Deep breath. Sigh. No big plans for today. Tomorrow we're going to walk to Cherry Creek North to window shop. I hope the weather will be kind. Well, that's all I have to say about that. I'll close with a quote from Chicken Run (one of Geoff's favorite movies).

Mr. Tweedy: What is it?
Mrs. Tweedy: It's a pie machine, you idiot. Chickens go in, pies come out.
Mr. Tweedy: Ooh, what kind of pies?
Mrs. Tweedy: Apple.
Mr. Tweedy: My favorite.
Mrs. Tweedy: Chicken pies, you great lummox.

No comments: