Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Trade Ya...
So we got a letter in the mail from the Chief Electoral Officer regarding our eligibility to vote in the Canadian federal election. What does that mean? We can still vote in Canada. How weird is that? That we could have a say in the Canadian gov't, and we don't even live there. Finally, my citizenship pays off! :)

Now, I wonder...could I trade my vote for say...a U.S. federal election vote? Because that would benefit me more. No disrespect to Canada, but I live here, not there. I wonder...is that something you could buy on eBay? Someone's vote? I'm sure there are people out there who can vote, and don't. It seems a shame to waste it. I guess I'm resigned to bone up on what's happening in the Great White North.

My dad told me on several occasions, there are two things you don't talk about, religion and politics. Awww, but those are my favorite topics. Today, the topic of the Bible came up at work. And time did not permit me to have the discussion I would have liked to have. I'm always interested to hear what people think, and even more so if they are willing to have the conversation. Most of the time, or at least with people I know, they are willing to say "this is what I think", but when I ask them why, or to elaborate, they clam up, unwilling to take the conversation to the next level. That kind of bothers me, as it doesn't allow for people to open up, or share where they are coming from. It's worse if they say it's a belief system, but they don't actually know anything about it. How can you believe in something if you don't have any information on it. What makes you believe in it? These are the thoughts I've been mulling over since my boss shared he read a fiction book, and believes it is fact. I hope that I will have a chance to ask him some questions since he made some "crazy" claims. (They seem crazy to me.)

Yesterday I got a little defensive of my husband over something that wasn't worth getting worked up over. Usually I can take things with a grain of salt, so I don't know what was up with that. I think I'm just stressed about the trip coming up so fast. I'll be glad when it's done. I don't like to be stressed, and granted I don't get nearly as stressed as other Armstrongs. I guess I just get stressed about different things.

Colin had an interview today, that I am somehow getting credit for. I simply put him in touch with someone. I really really hope it pans out. I am anxiously awaiting for him to call me.

I'll end with a quote from I.Q. One of those Tim Robbins movies I like. I like his movies, but I can't say we share the same thoughts on other stuff.

Albert Einstein: Are you thinking what I am thinking?
Ed Walters: Well what would be the odds of that happening?

No comments: