Sunday, March 21, 2004

Le Peep, C'est Chic
After church this morning we went out to Le Peep. It's a breakfast restaurant, and the food was pretty good. I was impressed with the portion sizes. Jayla ordered a "cinnamonster", and I couldn't believe the size of it.

Our friend Jason has to go to Salt Lake City for a conference, and he's driving, so he wants to try to swing through Denver. That would be neat. I hope it works out.

I had a very strange dream last night, someone was trying to mess with me. They sent me an email, and I traced their IP address to discover who it was. Then I had to track them down to ask why they were doing that. It was someone I knew in high school, and oddly enough he grew a foot taller since I last saw him. And I asked him why he was being such a freak, causing trouble for me. "What, do you think you're Martin Blank?" Which might seem odd to some people that you'd make a movie reference in your dreams, but to me it didn't seem so weird. The fact that he understood the reference was weird. "Yeah, I love that movie". Sometimes I really wonder about my sub-conscience.

I feel almost back to normal, though I'm sure I'll be back to my routine after work tomorrow. Since not much could have changed since I've been gone, it makes it easier. Most days we do the same things each shift. But I like that. I will go to the library tomorrow and try to get a book on Egyptology.

We need another bookcase, we have more books than we have space for. Now, true, one shelf on the big bookcase is taken up by my giraffe stuff, and another shelf is devoted to small picture frames & knickknacks, but where else would I put that stuff? Sadly there is no Ikea anywhere near us, so we're at a loss as to where we could get a nice affordable bookcase. There is a seniors home near us, maybe I should keep my eyes open for an estate sale. I've never been to one, but it might be a neat experience.

Geoff shared with me yesterday that he thought it was good that I brought up my dad at my Uncle Kim's the other night. He got the impression that loved ones who've moved on aren't necessarily brought up much, or remembered through stories. But he felt by the end of the night there was a feeling of comfort in all of us sharing. We talk about my dad, grandpa Jim, and grandma Bessie all the time at our house. We miss them dearly, but it makes us smile to remember stories about them.

Alright, I'm gonna close with a quote from Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. I still think it's a funny movie, and I will likely rent Jim Carrey's new movie once it comes out on DVD.

Lois Einhorn: How would you like me to make your life a living hell?
Ace Ventura: Well, I'm not really ready for a relationship, Lois, but thank you for asking. Hey, maybe I'll give you a call sometime. Your number's still 911?

No comments: