Sunday, March 07, 2004

A Beautiful Weekend
Let me say, it's so beautiful here. The sun is shining, all the snow we got on Friday is long gone. It was nearly all gone on Friday afternoon. It had better be nice in Edmonton this week! Just because I know how Edmonton weather can be, I won't pack my sandals. Don't look at me like that, I wear my sandals here. We're practically ready for the trip, I just need to work on my attitude. I am struggling with the fact God has laid on my heart to forgive someone, and I know I should, but it's hard. That would be my prayer request, for those who would pray for me.

I had a two hour IM chat with Kelly on Friday. She's been pretty quiet on her end, and so it was great to touch base. She says she may be able to visit sometime, which is more than I could offer her. I really, really want to go to D.C., but it won't be anytime soon.

Our friends Jen & Shad are moving to Portland! I suspected it was going to come when they mentioned it as a possibility weeks ago. We wish them the very best, but we will miss them. We just started to get to know them. But that means we have another place we can visit. They will begin the process of moving, and it should be finalized late May-early June.

Yesterday I talked to the bride-to-be for an hour and a half. We haven't been good about speaking to each other much, so it was kinda nice. She's pretty relaxed, and both she & the groom are very excited. Anxious for it to all be done so they can get away on their honeymoon.

In reading The Purpose Driven Life this week, I felt a particular verse speak to me. I felt like it was God's answer to the whole baby thing. Habbakuk 2:3 (LB) - "These things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day!" That brings me comfort. It will happen, in God's timing. I feel like I'm getting more out of this book then I did the first time around.

I hope to talk Geoff into a trip to Blockbuster today. I want to see a new movie, and I may be able to sway him. I think either Lost In Translation or School Of Rock. I want to see something funny.

I'll close with a quote from Zoolander.

Derek Zoolander: Oh, I thought you were going to tell me what a bad eugoogalizor I am.
Matilda: What?
Derek Zoolander: A eugoogalizor, one who speaks at funerals. Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogoly was.

No comments: